Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Starting on My Halloween Decorating

This year I have been so inspired by all of you to decorate for Halloween. I love Halloween and I always intend each year to put up some decorations but usually fail.

Well, I started a little earlier this year and this is what I have come up with so far!

I absolutely love these little stick trees!

This one is from Martha Stewart.
I decided to make one of my own and since I live in the woods, sticks were pretty abundant to choose from!

So while the kids went out to look for the perfect sticks, and to give them something to do,


I drug these beauties in from outside,


cleaned them up,

(not really sure what that is, ICK)

Found a scaarrryyyyy font and printed out some numbers that the boy chose, cut them and stenciled them on the metal containers


I then spray painted the sticks that they found black and put them in the container with some green foam that I had laying around and then covered that with spanish moss.


I then took Martha Stewart's spider silhouettes, my hole punch, (all I could find was a heart-shaped one, Valentines meets Halloween) some yarn that was included and hung them on the tree!




I also saw these silhouette mice that were on sale, they were so cute and I had seen them
here


I wish I had great stairs like that!



So, I just placed them around the baseboards, not that scary but they are so darn cute!!

Going to work on some wreaths tomorrow as well as look for some spiderweb to place around the kitchen!

cccrrrreeeeepppppyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!



I am linking up to the parties on my sidebar!



17 comments:

Deborah said...

Michelle,
You've really outdone yourself!
You did a great job and sooooo creative!
I've got to get out and get some pumpkins to decorate...Orange and white coloured ones for the harvest season...
Sending hugs your way and wishing you a happy day!!

Deborah xoxo

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

This turned out great. I love it. What a cute tree. It turned out so good.
Blessings,
Debbie

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

The silhouette mice are brilliant.

And I love the branch in the bucket. That idea could work all throught he year. I do it at Christmas and Easter and decorate the branch to match.

Nice photos!

Vanessa said...

Hi Michelle! I love all of your great decorations and they are just the right amount of spooky! My kiddos would love those mice silhouettes and I was wondering where you got them??? Thanks so much for sharing this great inspiration!
Vanessa

Val said...

Can you come to my house and decorate for me??

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Michelle! Soooo cute! I'll bet that you and kids had a great time together on this project! :) Love that tree! I've seen one like that painted white with shells and stars hanging from white and silver ribbon for Christmas. So hang on to them. You can reuse them later! :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

The Single Nester said...

Oh my gosh! I love those mice! Where did you get them?

René said...

You are such a fun mommy. Did the kids have fun helping? By the way, I love your new header!

Drawn to The Sea said...

Well, I've tried 3 times, blogger keeps closing the page when I hit post comment. One last try.

I'm sure my pups wouldn't abide the critters on the baseboard (probably freak me out too). Am not really a seasonal decorator, but you've got me wondering if I could make a tree out of driftwood...

Sandy Ang said...

I like your spider tree more than Martha's. And the mice around the floor boards is so cute !

Reunion Committee said...

Adorable!! I love using branches from my yard!
~Tana

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh my goodness I love this! Your scary branch tree is great and I love how you painted the numbers on the galvanized buckets!! And those mice silhouettes are too cute! I thought the same thing when I saw them, that I wish I had a cool staircase to put them on, but yours look wonderful!

Kat :)

Unknown said...

Everything is adorable! I especially LOVE the rats climbing the stairs and walls. A little creepy but still super cute!

Pamela said...

Super super cute! My kids would love to have those critters every where!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

It's so great that you pit this up, it looks so cool. I notice that you said you picked these up, I had seen them on the website, and was going to just print them out, lol. Your idea sounds much easier, but with the amount I want, I think I will stick to taking a week of cutting, lol. Either way I'm glad to see them in action, other that her fantastic studio pics, and THANK you for sharing. I am so loving all the ideas, I can't even begin to say enough. So excited about my babies party. Bella :)

p.s. in case you are wondering why Im up at 2;30 in the morning, Im sick as a dog, can't sleep, so must work on blog to get better, lol. Take care girl. !!!!

Taija said...

Awesome! I love all your creepy spooks!! Especially the mice, fun!

lisbonlioness said...

I hate spiders, but hey, if they come with a heart- shaped hole in their bum, they are actually okay :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails