Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are still glowing in the light of all that is yummy food!!

Or I should say

LEFT OVERS!!!

As I sit here catching up in blogland, eating my third helping of
turkey, stuffing, beans, mashed potatoes, rolls, cranberry in a can and pie, (still in my jammies) I am relishing in the fact that it is officially the Christmas Season!!!

Everyone is breaking out the posts, pictures and inspirations for the Season and

I

LOVE

IT!!

I have already put the tree and decorated the mantel,
but I am still adding little things here and there so I am only going to show you bits and pieces of what I have been up to!


We had to get a new tree this year due to the flood last year and Martha Stewart's Pre-Lit-Tree-That-Didn't-Stay-Lit smelling rather moldy!

We picked up this little 6 1/2 foot tree at Menard's and the galvanized tub at an antique store for a steal! ($12)!


It is the perfect size for our room and fit perfectly in the tub!!

(that orange blur would be my son who cannot, for the life of him, sit still)



It has small tinsel needles at the end of some of the branches,



and small pine cones throughout the tree!


I tried to stay with natural elements this year with a touch of country charm.




New Picnik Christmas textures!!


I will be back Monday to show you the rest of the family room and the tree!
I am going to spend some much needed time with the family and just relax, watch movies and start my holiday shopping!!

For those of you who participated in Black Friday, I hope that you found what you were looking for and are home safe and sound!!

Have a wonderful and restful weekend!!


23 comments:

Unknown said...

So gorgeous! I put our tree up yesterday too, and did the mantel, now I'm sitting here enjoying it, I love this holiday! XX!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your daughter looks so cute! I can't wait to see more of your decorating. BTW: where did you get that fabulous rug? Love It!

René said...

You are so cute Michelle. I can just feel your excitement. Your tree looks great and I love the galv. tub.

-Rene

Brenda Pruitt said...

It's like a Christmas present to see everyone's tree. Can't wait to see it decked out!
Brenda

Deborah said...

Looooooooking good!!!!! lol
Your tree looks so gorgeous with the red berries and pine cones!
The tub is perfect!!!
Your third helping sounds so mouth-watering!
You go ahead and enjoy every bite!!
I love the sled and skates in the hallway..just too cute!!
Hoping the whole weekend is a relaxing one for you sweetie..have fun in all the "Christmas" that is shining so brightly from your heart and home.... :)

With all my heart...Deborah xoxoxo

Finding Home said...

Your daughter is too cute,and LOVE the rug, I have always admired that one and my girlfriend just purchased it as well! Hope you enjoyed your day of relaxation!

Take care,
Laura

Heaven's Walk said...

You are certainly the Christmas angel, Michelle - bringing us the spirit of the holidays! :) Love ya for that, girlie! Love the "tree in tub" idea, too! Adorable!

OK....so you've really inspired me and I'll be getting out my holiday tomorrow (from the icy cold attic!). Have a wonderful weekend with the fam! :)

xoxo laurie

Krista@RustikChic said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it all!! The bits you shared are beautiful:)

Erin said...

Cannot wait to see what you have done!! The tub, ahh!!

Low Tide High Style said...

I've been completely unplugged for the last few days, and this post was wonderful to come back to! Your tree is so pretty, I can't wait to see the whole room and all of your other decor!

Kat :)

Polly said...

I'm getting so ready to put up my tree! But tomorrow is the big OSU vs. Michigan game AND an antique show, so I won't get much decorating done!! Everything is looking fabulous at your house! Thanks for the inspiration!

Robin Johnson said...

We put up our tree today also. It ended up becoming an all day affair! My dinning room looks like it exploded but hopefully by tomorrow night it will all be cleaned up!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It's looking good already~ Can't wait to see the finished decor! I will be doing some tree decorating this weekend too! Hope your Thanksgiving was great! :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

There's nothing quite like a thrid helping in my jim-jams to make me feel happy!!

I really love your sled and ice skates combo. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

Sarahx

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree and I love the idea of putting it in the tub. How cute! I cant wait till Monday to see more :)

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hi Michelle, lovely tree. We had to get a knew one today since we discovered the old tree was broke. Can't wait to see your tree fully decorated. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. On another note, thanks for visiting and reading about Christkind. You totally got the post-I get chills every time I stand in front of that church on christmas. Also, my Bavarian Christmas linky party is now open at http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2010/11/1st-christmas-linky-party-at-dobermans.html
Talk to you soon,

Pam @ Frippery said...

Looks beautiful so far, I cannot wait to see the finished product. I am still cleaning up from Thanksgiving around here and I will be putting up the tree today. Blog hopping at Christmas is such fun!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Love having the left overs... no clean-up the second time around... lol!!
Love that picture of your daughter... too cute! Your Christmas tree is looking gorgeous... can't wait to see more!
Have a wonderful day!
~ Jo :)

Simple Home said...

So pretty! I'm just starting to get things out, but we haven't attempted the tree yet :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

Passionate for White said...

I just today came across your blog and spent a good amount of time enjoying each and every one of your posts. LOVE your taste!!

Libbie said...

Love the silver on the braches!!! & The tub! So fun! Everytime I visit I get new ideas!!! Thanks;)

Emily@TheWickerHouse said...

You are a new follower of mine, and now I am of yours. Darling blog. Your Christmas tree reminds me of mine. I love holly berries and pinecones. You've got me super excited to get mine up. I'll be back to visit again soon.
Emily

Noble Vintage said...

I love the "natural" elements too! :) (It's the idea that counts, right??)
Love the galvanized tub too!! I was thinking about doing that for our tiny porch tree....
hope you are having a great start to your week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails