Friday, August 27, 2010

Quick Kitchen Update


As I was painting I was really becoming irritated that the more white there was in my kitchen the uglier and more yellow my frig became! It is a hand-me-down frig from my parents and it works pretty good, it is just that icky yellowish color.

So........


I took a deep breath, prayed that my hubby wouldn't walk out on me for ruining the frig, purchased some refrigerator paint at Home depot and began painting!!

All I used was a small roller and a small paint brush (rolling was definitely easier than the brush)

I was AMAZED at how easy it was to use, it smelled awful and was very runny, but it dried beautifully!!!!

You can see the contrast here. What a difference!!


It really makes the kitchen look brighter!!

And, my hubby really liked it!


Here a couple more sneak peaks of what I have done so far!


I moved these from an entry way to under the cupboards. I think I will paint them white as well and see if I can't find another one.



I moved the large shelf over to another wall.



I found this ladder at a favorite store of mine for $10. We hung it horizontal on the wall where the shelf used to be. I just threw some things up there to see what it would look like.



Anyway, I still have a ways to go. We are going to work on our wall this weekend. Miss Mustard Seed Creations did one of her guest bedroom walls with a hardboard that they cut into pieces to resemble exposed planks. I have been wanting to do this for so long but just did not know how until I came across her blog a couple weeks ago! The hardboard is REALLY inexpensive and it looked pretty easy to do (at least she made it look that way)


We are also going to giant flea market on Sunday and I am REALLY excited and hope to find some great treasures for my kitchen!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!


5 comments:

Noble Vintage said...

That is quite the trasformation on your fridge!! I am continually amazed at what can be painted these days. Loving how your kitchen is turning out... I am so envious of the white cabinets! :) Have fun at your flea market adventure! Sounds like a blast!

Simple Daisy said...

Wow...who knew fridge paint would work so well! It looks fabulous:)
Ooh...where's the flea market!?!?!
I have been wanting to find some that are relatively close to me!!

dedeetsyshop said...

Awesome job on the fridge! I am lovin' that ladder too!! Great find!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Awesome transformation! We painted an avocado green fridge that we inherited when we first got married. That paint does amazing things!

The Single Nester said...

What? There's fridge paint? Holy cow. That is awesome! Looks terrific!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails