Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy Weekend


This weekend was very busy and tiring..... but productive!! While I went to work on Saturday morning (icky), my hubby was nice enough to go get the hardboard from Lowes.

We cut 3 sheets down to 4" wide stripes that were 4' in length (Lowes was nice enough to cut the 4' x 8' pieces into 4' x 4' which made it ALOT easier to handle when cutting)


Note to self - probably shouldn't weat flip flops while cutting large peices on the table saw. It was VERY messy!!!


Anyway, we got them cut down and hubby helped me put the first few up and off I went....


Before....


During......


AFTER!!!!!
Well, sort of, I still have to paint it.

I have to tell you that it took me a little over 6 hours to put all this up and I was so exhausted I couldn't even lift my arms up anymore (thank God for the nail gun though!)

It was about 7:30 when we finished up. I cleaned up, got supper.....

mmmmmm, Honey Combs!!!


Later, got me some vino, sat on the couch and watched 'The Backup Plan' with the hubby!

Way cute movie by the way.


Sunday morning we got up and went to the flea market with some friends. I loved it! It was a little overwhelming at first but quickly made myself comfortable and even starting bargaining!

Ok, I bargained for one thing and it was only $2 less than what they were asking, but hey!

I was really excited when I found this self right at the start! I have been wanting one of these to go above the bed. Nothing really special about it, which is what I liked, very simple.


I also found this great little Pet Milk Co. box and this large metal can that will look great in the kitchen!!!


All in all I thought that I did pretty good at the flea market and may have to go back next month now that I know what to expect.



This week I need to paint the new wall, finish up with the cabinets, start to repaint my hutch and then start on all the decorating details!!



That is my favorite part!!





4 comments:

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

I saw your comment on Becky's post so I came by to visit. I am impressed with all that cutting. Love this idea.

Deborah said...

Love your flea market finds! And that wall looks so fine!!
Sounds like you did have a productive weekend!
And more fun to come!

Deborah xo

Traci said...

what a great find!!!

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said...

LOVE THIS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails