Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach Inspired

I have been reading some great blogs about decorating your house around a beach theme and since I love everything beach/ocean/lake, I thought that I would give it a try! My house is full of beachy items that remind me of days spent on the lake and visits to the ocean. It gives me a feeling of peace seeing shells, drift wood, beautiful beach pictures and being surrounded by shades blues and greens. So simple and clean.



Below is my "inspiration room" and I have added some pictures under that with links to talented artists on etsy that will help you bring the beach to your house.



I found this great picture at Coastal Living Magazine. This has some great ideas and inspirations for making your ideas come to life.




By using etsy search for key words like: beach, ocean, starfish, pillows, shabby chic, etc you can find all kinds of beautiful items that would fit your idea of a beach theme. Below are some items that can be used to make the inspiration room come to life!



These are just a few of the finds that are on etsy. Have fun looking and designing!!

Thank you to

Check out both blogs and all they have to offer and help them spread the word about cleaning up our beaches and taking care of our oceans!




1 comments:

Noble Vintage said...

I just found your blog from the Somewhat Simple Strut you Stuff Thursday! Great ideas, becoming a follower!
I can relate to the spray paint mess on your candlestick- I think I may have to try that box method! :) Our fair is in 2 weeks and can't wait for the junk!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails