Monday, June 7, 2010

Time To Relax.......For A Minute..

In the summer I love sitting on our deck and looking out into my garden. I do not necessarily have the best looking flowers or landscape, but what I do have is wildlife.
There is something peaceful and calming about looking at nature that puts a smile on my face. Maybe it is because as a child my grandparents loved it too. Camping trips we would look for birds and feed the chipmunks and squirrels right out of out hands. My grandparents taught me to appreciate what we have in our own backyards and respect and admire what nature has to offer. I give you some pictures of my garden (my second favorite spot to ponder life) and the beauty that I see.






I was bird watching and sitting in peace and quiet until my 'shadows' came outside and decided to do some bird watching of their own................so much for my peace and quiet!


'Baja' is my little dog with a big voice, she will talk to anyone and anything!


'Rodman' is my old man and will only talk when the squirrels are out or when he wants to come in. He now has us trained!

3 comments:

Running is a Metaphor said...

Beautiful backyard, jewelry and blog!

Maya said...

Thank so much for stopping by Michelle! Your garden and yard is beautiful..., I love sitting out in nature, sometimes just listening. And it looks like you're off to a good start with your jewelry business and blog!

michelle said...

Thank you so much for your comments and encouragement. Maya - your blog is beautiful and inspiring, sitting by the lake is my favorite place to be!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails