Monday, June 28, 2010

Green Thumb??


There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments. quote / saying by Janet Kilburn Phillips

I have always wanted a beautiful garden with paths and walkways throughout that open up into a little area to sit and read or just relax, and big lush flowers and plants with sculptures that peak around greenery. However, I am pretty sure the color of my thumb is NOT green!! As I strolled around my yard this weekend I was surprised by a few of my flowers that seemed to be flourishing! Others, well, not so much. The ideas in my head are always much more grand than they turn out to be, but for now I will have to live with what I am able to do.



I usually can't go wrong with Astilbe, and they seem to do really well in my shade garden.



I actually purchased my hydrangea bush from Springhill Nursery. It didn't do so well the first couple of years but for some reason this year it really took off! I was so excited because I was waiting to cut some flowers and put them inside and I think that this is the first year I will be able to do that!



The blooms are so beautiful in the soft pink and creams!



My lilies seem to do well anywhere I plant them. I even pulled some out a couple years ago and put them in our woods and they found root and bloomed!


My master gardener!



My fish that seems to stand the test of the elements. He literally swam last year when our area flooded and so did my garden!



I got my cat fisherman up north and I love him!! He sways in the breeze looking for fish!



My flower boxes have always seemed to flourish. I love these planters because they are the self-watering, I fill them up once a week and they slowly release water from the bottom!



However, not sure what is going on this year, my true gardening colors are coming out with this planter!



And of course the pathway that I have always wanted..........doesn't really go anywhere special unless you consider the dog area a dream!


For now, I enjoy sitting on my deck and looking art my garden while ideas around in my head as to what I could do, watching my birds and squirrels wonder from the bird feeder to their homes. One thing that I am quickly learning though is that gardens are definitely a work in progress!


Linking up to Fishtail Cottage


Modern Country Style

14 comments:

The Frosted Gardner said...

Hi Michelle,

Your jewelry is beautiful! You are so talented! I will be visting your etsy shop to see what is new!

Melanie
The Frosted Gardner

René said...

Your flowers are so pretty and I just love that window box.

-Rene

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Hopped over from Fishtail Cottage party...lovely garden photos...makes me excited for spring! I am a new follower...

Julie Marie said...

Hi there, I too hopped over from Fishtail cottage... your Astilbe is beautiful and I love hydrangeas! I especially love your window boxes and hope to have at least one this year!... xoxo Julie Marie

Fishtail Cottage said...

Astilbe is one of my most favorite perennials! I love how pretty they are in a garden in between other plants - make such great fillers! So excited for spring! What zone are you?

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

I've not seen this post before. Must have been before I started stalking. Ha! Your garden is so lovely, Michelle. Really pretty.

I want a Master Gardener in *my* garden. Is he for hire?!!

Thanks so much for linking up, sweetpea.

Sarahx

Cindy said...

I would love your type of garden, too. Your master gardener is very sweet, too.;0)
Your window boxes are lovely. You have inspired me, I always struggle with what to put in mine and I see you have impatiens and spikes in yours. Mine are in the shade and very little grows well in them. That is exactly what I am going to do this Spring, though! Thank you so much!
Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

That's one little, dark and handsome gardener :) I recognize the Astilbe but I never knew the name of it. Gorgeous! Your window boxes are soooo cute! I want them :) You have a beautiful yard!

Happy Wednesday!
Michelle :)

Alison Agnew said...

You have a lovely garden and a sweet looking helper!

Alison
Stuff and Nonsense

Pam Kessler said...

I love Astilbe. I have four of them I think, but I would buy more if I had more room. Just don't want to have a whole garden with one plant I guess. Your master gardener is very cute.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have tried hydrangeas in my garden here several times. But so far haven't had any luck. Have never tried the Astilbe. But I'm going to give hydrangeas another go this year I think. I so love the blooms!
Brenda

alison said...

Hello, I just popped over from Sarah's garden party. I'm with you on the grand plans - I have oodles of them in my head...but when I put them into practise...hmmm...well I think i might just need a little more patience. Your garden looks beautiful and I love hydrangeas and lillies...just lovely. Thanks for sharing.
Alison : )

Infatuated with Homes and Gardens said...

Hi Michelle ,I saw your Hydrangea on the Garden party Link and had to have look ,what a surprise to fid it was your blog ,I love Hydrangeas:)

Natasha in Oz said...

Just visiting via Sarah's party. Lovely pictures! I just adore hydrangeas and your picture is fabulous.

Best wishes,
Natasha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails