Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finished Wall

Yesterday I was lucky enough that I didn't have to go into work (yeah), so I grabbed my daughter and we started painting the hardboard planks that I put up on Saturday!

We primed it with about two coats of Kilz.


Then I finished up with the Behr's paint-in-primer "Crisp Linen White"! Even though it had primer it in it still took about two coats and some touch ups here and there. It is a nice paint but you still need primer especially if you are painting white over dark wood.

I think that I am going to paint the hutch the color that is on the door, it is a little less purple than the "Sharky Gray", and it reminds me of the color of driftwood, but who knows, I seem to change my mind a lot!


Anyway, I am REALLY happy how it turned out!! It really gives my kitchen that cozy cottage look that I was hoping for!

Please excuse the mess, it seems that I make little piles by sorting through big piles to make myself think that I am cleaning up!




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love love love it!!!! I cant wait to see when you have it all done. So exicited for you. Dont you just love when your room makes you smile~

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

You've been busy!!! It totally feels cottagey, wonderful!!

Swell Studio said...

The wall looks wonderful, Michelle! I'm sure whatever color you choose for the hutch will be just right!

The Frosted Gardner said...

Oh Michelle, This looks beautiful! I love it. It looks like so much work... I cannot believe how quickly you did it. I want to do this on the wall behind my bed so badly! Great job. You really should link to this up a few linky parties. It is amazing!

Kerri - Driftwood Interiors said...

That looks amazing Michelle - you clever thing! It adds so much personality to the room, and I think it looks fantastic. Great job! K xx

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

Absolutely gorgeous, great job!

Alison Agnew said...

Looks lovely! Just over from Trendy Treehouse.

Blessings,
Alison

Megan Gunyan said...

Wow, it's beautiful! What a big job! It turned out lovely. Can't wait to see the hutch!

René said...

I love your horizontal boards! It looks great and I'll bet you are loving it.

-Rene

Vanessa said...

Beautiful transformation :)

Eileen said...

Great job. I am wondering how did you get those boards on the wall. glue or nails? and how long did it take. It looks really really great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

What a great architectural addition! I'm putting your wall in the PoPP Spotlight on Saturday.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That kitchen wall is fantastic. I'm going to be redoing my kitchen in the near future. I might try this on at least one wall! I am a new follower!

I see you live in Michigan. We live on the east side near Alpena. Isn't this change in weather something? From wring wet sweating to wearing sweats the next day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails