Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"You're Painting Them Again?!"


I just wanted to say thank you to all who left us beautiful comments and wished us a Happy Anniversary yesterday! They all meant so much to my hubby and I. I look forward to sharing some of our future adventures with all of you!


And guess what?




I have a new adventure.....




well, maybe it is not an adventure, but it is big job.....




one that I have done a couple times already!




I am re-re-re-painting my kitchen and my cabinets!!!!



I have been so inspired by all the wonderful blogs and projects that I see on here that I decided that even though I love my kitchen, I would love to see it with more soothing and calm, neutral colors.


This is my kitchen now (please excuse the mess)


I like it with the yellows, creams and aquas, but I would like something a little more neutral.


I, of course, will be staying with my sea inspirations but hope to use them in a different way.




So, I drug my kids to Home Depot yesterday and I picked up these beautiful colors.......


They are a little hard to see but the names are "Tranquil Pond" by Freshaire Chioce", "Sharky Grey" by Martha Stewart, and "Crisp Linen White" by Glidden.

I have also decided that I would like my new job to be naming paint colors! I could so do that!! :)


I am also in love with the sample paints!
They are so cute!!


I am going to use "Tranquil Pond" on my bottom cabinets, "Crisp Linen White" on the upper cabinets and also am contemplating using it on my walls and trim to brighten things up. Not sure what I want to do with the "Sharky Grey" but I am sure I will find a place for it!

I also hope to replace the nasty fluorescent lighting in the kitchen, I hate how it washes everything out!!

I also hope to do this on one of my dining room walls! Check out Miss Mustard Seeds blog, she is so creative!!
I love how this looks and it has such a cottage feel that I hope to achieve!


So, here I go!!!!




5 comments:

The Frosted Gardner said...

Good luck Michelle! The colors you picked are to fresh and clean! I cannot wait to see the transformation! I also love what Miss Mustard seed did to her walls. I wish all of my walls looked like that. I think you are like me - I see something and my head starts spinning with ideas. I drive myself crazy at times. And I think I drive my husband even more crazy. Have a great day!

René said...

Wow, those are pretty colors. I can't wait to see the outcome.

-Rene

Heaven's Walk said...

Loving the colors you chose, Michelle! I'm just plain jealous of your current pretty white cabinets! Hubby doesn't want me to touch our kit cabinets which are original to our farmhouse. :( So I just surround myself with creamy white walls and white treasures from the sea! Have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing the completed project!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

I love your idea with the paint colors, they are beautiful! I have been wanting to paint my kitchen cabinets too and cannot decide which color. I love that you are doing a different color on the bottom. Can't wait to see the photos when you finish!

xo

casey at loft and cottage said...

Michelle, I'm so excited to see your kitchen progress! It's going to be great. Thanks for visiting l&c and adding me to your blogroll!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails