Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wood Tool Box Reveal!

I just wanted to thank you so much for the wonderful comments you left about my 'finds' that I painted this weekend, it means so much to me to hear what you think!

I am trying to get ready for our Annual Art in the Park coming up this Saturday to sell some of my picture frames. So yesterday I started making some more to bring with me.
Here is a quick peek at my craft room.
We converted our attic into a bonus room and I claimed it as my room!!



It is in need of a change, but that will have to be a winter project.



My assistant (this is Bosco) destroying my inventory!





After about an 1/2 hour of gluing and sanding, I was getting antsy to start on my tool box that I purchased last weekend. I bought the paint and supplies yesterday before work, so I had this great idea that I could still make frames in between coats of paint on the tool box!

Here is the tool box as I purchased it. No cool paint-box this time, I couldn't find anything big enough (sorry honey). But at least I got it off the driveway!


I purchased the new "1 can is equal to 2 cans" primer and paint.



I have to say it worked AMAZING!! I only used 1 can!!



The paint color was Aqua and I think that I only used 3/4 of the can for this and it covered great!



Even covered my fingers!! Maybe I should have worn gloves?



I also purchased some rope that I thought would look great on the handle. It was pretty to easy to put on after I decided that a staple gun would be less messier than gluing it on.



It got a little tedious wrapping the rope, so I enlisted my daughter to help!



Finished up with the last staple AND..........


VIOLA!!!!!!

I am really happy with the way it turned it out!



Apparently everyone needs to be in a picture! She (this is Baja) jumped up as I was snapping pictures!

Now I have a great place to put all my magazines that are always scattered all over!

Needless to say, I did not work anymore on the frames. The tool box was just so much fun!!



Looky what else I did last weekend!!

This was a fun project as well! Layla from The Lettered Cottage made one for her mantel and I thought that it would be a great piece for above my bed!


It was so much fun doing projects again, I haven't really done any in a while. You are all so inspirational and really got my wheels-a-turning again!

Thank you!!






7 comments:

René said...

Your tool box looks great! Isn't it funny how the puppies try to appear in all of the pictures? Our dog seems to know when I pull the camera out and exactly where to stand.

-Rene

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Oh, you are so creative!!! Great pieces..., and I always get paint on my hand too -go figure!

michelle said...

Thank you! It was fun to go shopping for treasures and then re-do them how I like them!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Well I learn something every day I love the Rustoleum 2 X I did not know it also had primer!! Thank you the box looks great! I am visiting from Cottage Instincts

Carol

::cottage instincts:: said...

Love that color! And my hands basically look like that 24/7 :) I also just moved my cra(p)ft room into my boys old room upstairs under the eaves. I'll be redoing mine too this winter.

So glad you could Mi4M!
peace,
cindy
::cottage instincts::

One Cheap B*tch said...

Oh my gosh so cute! And don't feel bad, my hands are always covered in spray paint! At least I have been remembering to take off my rings BEFORE spraying! Again, so cute!

Jeanine

Bernadette Merikle said...

I have a wood toolbox I need to redo and I LOVE the rope tied around the handle. I'll probably paint mine a creamy yellowish color but that rope - genius. And to make it even harder, of course I'll like paint my rope white to offset on the yellow handle. Totally cool!

Bernadette
www.b3homedesigns.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails