Sunday, October 10, 2010

Beautiful Fall Morning Along The Lake

This morning was so beautiful!

With the sun was shining and the temperature perfect, I decided that after I fed my addiction I would take a little ride to the lake to see what was going on.

(my addiction)


I love this!
It is painted on the side of the Coast Guard building. I know nothing about other than it has been there as long as I can remember.


Wouldn't you just LOVE to live here!!???


Or here!??
(this one is for sale and sits right at the entrance to the beach overlooking the channel)


There must have been one last attempt at sailboat lessons this morning.

They looked so pretty and peaceful on the calm autumn water.

It was pretty warm this morning, almost 70 already.
Michigan has such weird weather, one day it is 80, the next, it could be snowing!




The beach looked so empty with all the picnic tables piles up together.



Even Big Red (name of the lighthouse) looked ready for those harsh Lake Michigan winds.



The General Store was getting ready to close up for the season, too bad I missed out on the cider donuts!



As I made my way home down Lakeshore Drive I stopped by one of my favorite buildings. This particular building was restored and is now used for storage for the township.


Isn't it so beautiful!!
I can just imagine living in there.


They did such an amazing job restoring it right down to the fence that surrounds it.


The barn doors are GORGEOUS!!!

I would love to decorate this for Christmas or have a big party there...

Oh the possibilities!!


I had SO many more pictures of the trees, but then I realized that this post was long enough,
so I will leave you with this shot of our little corner by our little house.


I hope that you all are having a wonderful weekend!



Thank you and welcome to all of my new followers!!
I can't believe that there are 100 of you!!
I am so honored and blessed to have each of you as my friends!



17 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I have a few blogging friends that I so wished I lived near because I would enjoy the conmpanionship of them. You are one of them. I wish I was drinking coffee and out rididng with you. We would have had to stop and walk though. I have to get my feet near beauty like the lake!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

That's *just* how I imagine American life to be!! It looks beautiful and dreamily idyllic.

That barn is lush. Let's boycott it and have it as amassive craft centre!!! How cool would that be?

Seawashed said...

It is all so pretty. Thank you for taking us along with you on your drive. Yes all of those homes would be dreamy to live in. But I think I like the view from your little cottage best!!!

thank you michelle for visiting Sea Cottage every day and leaving me such kind words...you make me smile. It's taken me a while to put comment face with blog...now I KNOW who you are!!! And I love your blog header.

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

I love to take a drive along the lake in the fall. The colors are so beautiful. We live on the Lake Huron side near Alpena. It's far from good shopping, events and such, but it is God's country up here! Love your golden little corner...it looks so beautiful.

Deborah said...

Good afternoon my sweet girl!!
Looks like we were both thinking similar today...its beautiful here too!
All your photos are so nice!
Oh and it looks so gorgeous by your house..those autumn colours are amazing...
My post is on some scenery today too... :)

Have a great weekend Michelle...we're having leftover turkey dinner tonight.mmmm good :)

Love you friend...

With all my heart..Deborah xoxoxo

The Frosted Gardner said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I have never lived by a beach. Can you believe that! Only by the mountains! I see that you made 100 followers! So wonderful - I know there are many more to come.

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi sweet Michelle! I was out enjoying the beautiful day today, too.....but not along the lakeshore. You lucky girl!!! What awesome homes! Where in the world do you live that you can get to the lake so quickly? We're probably only about an hour or so away from each other, girl! :) Have a wonderful week enjoying this awesome weather!!!!! Hugs!

xoxo laurie

Noble Vintage said...

I smiled reading about your roadtrip. I love it when people share where they live and what they like about it...the nicknames and history... it's just nice! (cheesy, I know, saying 'nice', but that's what it is!)
There's a Forestry building here in my city and I would love to live in it- it's fantastic, except it has a prime view of the State Penitentiary!!!!! :( In my dreams we live somewhere else, me and the Forestry Center building....LOL!
Have a great week.

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Oh you live in such a beautiful area! I love that there is a mix of water and fall color. We have the water but no color. Love that red lighthouse. Sounds like you had a great relaxing weekend.

Val said...

Beyond beautiful!!! I would be in the car all the time if I lived in your area.

FEDERICA said...

Hi Michelle,
thanks for stopping by blog :)
I'm glad you liked it :)
Greetings from Italia!
Federica
xoxo

Unknown said...

I want that beach house, too gorgeous! Ah, fall, you are so lucky to have such a lovely place to celebrate the season! Cider doughnuts indeed! XX!

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I still can't believe how wonderfully beachy Lake Michigan shore looks!!!

Lara said...

Hi!! :)) Such lovely fall photos and buildings/homes you've shared! I especially love that last photo of the fall leaf colors on the trees.. it is like the perfect "fall'ish" picture!! I am hoping *fingers crossed* to make it to the Morton Arboreum next weekend. I have never tried cider donuts.. must do that! Thank you for your well wishes.. feeling better already.. I must have the mother's immunity boost thing going on.
:)
Lara

Unknown said...

that sign on the brick is FAB! - and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live on the lake/river/ocean ANYTHING beachy!

PS PASS IT ON à GIVE-AWAY going on – 2 necklaces = 2 winners .. PLEASE JOIN IN – ALL welcome to join!! – I think you’ll LOVE em’!!

~Join Necklace Give-Away Here~

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Low Tide High Style said...

What a gorgeous area you live in, thanks so much for taking us along on your weekend outing! And if you host a party at that beautiful building...I want an invitation!!

Kat :)

The Single Nester said...

How absolutely gorgeous! I am doing some foliage exploration this weekend visiting my niece at college. Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails