Saturday, October 30, 2010

Soup Exchange at Southern in My Heart


SOUP IS ON!!!!!

My friend Vanessa and her sister Heather, over at Southern In My Heart and
Gourmet Meals for Less are having a soup exchange party!
Great idea, I know!
Vanessa is so clever and creative and has such a beautiful heart and I am just meeting her sister for the time, she has a beautiful blog with so many yummy recipes!!

I love soup in the fall and winter! So easy and so delicious and it just warms the soul!

My all time favorite soup to make is white chicken chili (ok, so it not technically a soup, but close)

I got this recipe out of a little magazine that I saw while standing in line at the grocery store, Betty Crocker, and it is super easy and quick!




mmmmmmmm......

aaaaahhhhhhhh........


Easy Chicken Chili

1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
1 cup water
2 cups dices rotisserie chicken (from 2 to 2 1/2 lb chicken)
2 cans (15 - 16 oz each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso chopped green chiles, undrained
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup sour cream, if desired

1. In a 4-quart saucepan (I use my Dutch Oven) heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently until tender.

2. Stir in soup, broth and water. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until smooth an well blended. Stir in chicken, beans, chiles, oregano and cumin. heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium0low. Cook uncovered 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thorough
ly heated through.

3. Top each serving with sour cream if desired.

It makes enough for 6 people but I always double it because I love it and usually eat more than a serving size which is a measly 1 1/3 cup!


So, now pop on over the the soup exchange and you can give or get a new soup recipe for this fall and winter!!

Thank you Vanessa an Heather!!!



I hope that everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!!!


Linking up to Southern In My Heart and Gourmet Meals for Less Soup Exchange!




15 comments:

Heather said...

So funny! I am making White Chicken Chili as we speak. It is one of my favorites. I am loving all of these great soup recipes. Thanks so much for joining our Souper Sister Saturday. If you'd like, feel free to link up over at my site as well! Whole different set of readers who I'm sure would love this great recipe!

Heather @ Gourmet Meals for Less (Vanessa's sister and the other half of Sister Saturday)

Vanessa said...

Oh YUMMM Michelle! White Chicken Chili is one of my all time favorites! And thanks for being so sweet in your post! You know I feel the same way about you my friend and it is a privilege to have you joining our Soup Exchange. I think this is my favorite party so far because it feels like a "Real" party with great folks, not too huge, and getting to really enjoy what everyone is contributing! Thank you so much for being such a great friend,
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Wow, this sounds so good and easy!!! Thanks for sharing-
xo
lynn

Debbie said...

I must live in the middle of nowhere because I would never have thought of such a thing. This looks absolutely delicious to me. I am a white sauce gal when it comes to Italian cooking so it would stand to reason that I would like a WHITE sauced chili too.

I have just loved this soup exchange. I'll have enough recipes to last the entire winter by the time I'm done.

Deborah said...

Hi sweetie!
Whata great idea!
I'm a soup-lover all year long..and this looks delish!!
Thanks for the recipe and I will check out the others too..
Happy day lovey!

Deborah xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yum! This looks delish and easy. I could eat soup everyday. It's always good the next day, too. Thanks for the recipe! Gonna try this one, soon!

Happy weekend!

Sue said...

I have a chicken chile recipe tucked in my recipe box that is very similar. I'll try yours next time! Thanks for coming by- I sure hope you'll like the tortilla soup if you try it. :-) Sue

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

This sounds like a yummy soup! Nice and warming and cosy now it's getting colder...

Sarahx

White and Rust said...

Thanks for sharing about the soup exchange! So fun!! I too really like White Chicken Chili

White and Rust said...

P.S. you may have noticed I am under a new blog name! I was previously City Girls Farmhouse, and changed my blog and url to White and Rust!!! :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

This sounds delicious! I make a white chicken chili too! Very similar with just a few changes.

Thanks for visiting me. My soup post was 2 years old. Come visit my current post. I have a wonderful giveaway going on.

I grew up in Michigan, now live in NC. Where are you in Mi?
Penny

Tracy F. said...

What a yummy recipe for a chilly Night-Before-Halloween! Wish I had some right now...

Val said...

Martha, Martha, Martha!! This looks yumalicious. I will be making this asap.

Unknown said...

Oh, delish! Soup is so perfect for fall! XX!

Stacey said...

mmmm soup! I think I love soup best because my kids eat it up...I'll definately give this one a try and thanks for the soup exchange link...will check that out too ; ) Stacey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails