Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's Just What I do


Ok, so last week was not greatest for me and I thank everyone for the cyber hugs and encouragement!

I love you all!!

I tend to deal with stress in a certain way to get me through and I am pretty sure that a lot of you out there do the same thing.....

I don't smoke

I don't do drugs

I don't drink (a lot) :)

I don't exercise (although I really should)


I PAINT!!!!

Since I still had a ton of paint left over from my hutch and entry way re-paint, I decided to paint one more room using those colors.

My bedroom!

I know you might be thinking, "Gosh Michelle, aren't you getting a little carried away with that paint?"

The answer to that is, yes, I most likely am. I don't know why I do it, I just get something that I love and then I run with it until I tell myself to stop or I run out of paint!


Here is what it looked like before



Bright and cheery and summery..

I love it!

But, I felt like I needed a change and now it looks like this..


I feel it is still beachy, but in a sandy-colored way. In the summer I can add my aquas here and there but I am really loving the warmth and coziness of the new color.


I purchased the comforter set which came with the comforter, two king shams and three throw pillows at TJ Maxx for about $110.00.

I thought that it was a good price, everywhere I looked the comforters alone were $100 to $200!

My hubby loves gray (and I do too) and I just love the little ruffles to give it that feminine touch!


The sheets I also got at TJ Maxx for about $30 for a king set. I picked out a brown that matches the wood that I have been adding around my house.


Remember my junk shelf that I picked up about a month ago?


I painted that the same way that I painted my Nantucket sign
and added my beach goodies.


I am thinking about adding some curtains to the four posts on my bed but haven't decided for sure on that one.


So, there you have it, some drink, some smoke, and some exercise their stress away,

me,

I paint!!!



I am linking up to parties on my Linky Party tab!



26 comments:

The Frosted Gardner said...

You paint and you do a lovely job! I just love this color as well. It all looks so sharp and fresh now! And I cannot believe you picked that up at TJ MAxx for such a great. Love, love the ruffles. Your room is amazing.

Vanessa said...

Oh Michelle! It just looks gorgeous! So warm and perfect with the new season! Is that board and batten in there I see? I love how it all came together with the shelf too. You are one talented gal and I always love seeing your projects!
Vanessa

Deborah said...

Im crazy about this colour Michelle!
Oh my girl, what a beautiful job you have done.... it looks great in there.
Love the whole room, and the shelf and the way you decorated it!
Love, love, love evrything about your bedroom!!

Deborah xoxox

D and G Stories said...

LOVE the transformation! The new color looks much more cozy & warm. And the comforter is swoon-worthy! :) Enjoy your new room!

dedeetsyshop said...

I L-O-V-E it! The color looks great in there! I might have to make a trip to TJ Maxx this weekend! I have been looking for a duvet just like that!

designchic said...

Wow, very calm and serene - it looks wonderful!! Thrilled to have found your blog this evening...

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That's a great color. I couldn't find it listed with your hutch, what was the name of it? Your room looks great. I love the new bed linens. I need a new duvet but I haven't seen any at TJmaxx lately. The ruffles are great!

Marie said...

Hello Michelle- I so love the changes you made. Luv, luv, luv your new bedding set, the color and ruffling is perfect! Now I want to change my bedroom too. Yikes, see what you've started.
-marie

Simple Daisy said...

It's completely gorgeous!
I love the warmer colors accented by the cool blues too!
I don't think I would love blue walls...too cool feeling for me...
Especially around here in the winter!!
Great job!!!!!!

M.CoffeeSnob said...

It's SO perfect! mind if I ask what color that is? I'm definitely going to follow your blog, this is my first visit!

The Single Nester said...

I love both the before and after! You have a great eye! I hope the next week is better for you!

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow, Michelle.....I just LOVE the transformation, girl! The blue was very pretty. BUT the sand/white/gray/brown combo is so very chic and sophisticated. I've been doing the same thing around here, as you know. There's just something very Pottery Barn-ish, JDA, or French about the neutral colors accented by a bit of rose or aqua here and there. LUUUUUUUUV IT!!!!! Great job! I would love to see your house sometime! :)

xoxo laurie

Low Tide High Style said...

I need you to come get carried away at my house! My bedroom walls have been aqua since we moved in 3 years ago and I'm ready for a change! I love the new color scheme in your bedroom...it looks amazing! And those linens are gorgeous!!

Kat :)

High Street Cottage said...

Hi Michelle, Wow! First to say, I can't decide which I fancy more, the before or after. Second, thank you so much for the sweet compliments on my blog. I'm your newest follower, keep up the great work, tami from the high street cottage

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

What a beautiful change! Amazing what paint does!
Funny.
When my mom calls, that's the first thing she says/asks: "What are you painting?"
Did you do the board and batten, too?
My bedroom is beachy, too, so I am loving the seashells and cloches!
Did you leave the chest at the foot of the bed?
What a pretty makeover!
Keep on paintin' on!
SO nice to meet you!
Hugs,
~me

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love, love, love, your new paint color!! I think it looks great! Your bedding is all kinds of ruffled goodness too! Soooooo pretty!

Recaptured Charm said...

That's BEAUTIFUL!! But since I've only just seen your before picture, I'm in love with that colour as well! Great choices. The room looked great before AND after.

Drawn to The Sea said...

Divine! So calm & peaceful, simple & brilliant. You can come paint at my house anytime :-))

The Painted Home said...

oh my gosh, I love it! I just painted my den something similar. I love your style, newest follower! -denise

Pamela said...

No doubt abt it! Your bedroom is divine!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

How did I miss this post???? It's GORGEOUS, Michelle. I really love the colour. It's one of those colours that seems to look different every time you paint something - let alone in a different room.

I'm so sorry you're having a stressful time. I wish I was there to take you out for coffee and a chat. but a Big Cyber Hug will have to do.
Sarahxx

TheVirginiaHouse said...

I love it! I can't believe I've never visited your blog before. I am loving your style!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Don't know how I missed this one. I love the new color...don't think you could go wrong painting anything with it! You bedroom is beautiful and so relaxing.

Unknown said...

Michelle, I love your bedroom - that too is totally New England in style! I saw that comforter set at TJ's recently and loved it too. I know exactly what you mean about painting the stresses away - I have a post about the night I painted my kitchen white (it's called no more red or something like that). Ever since I've wanted to go crazy with what's left of that gallon of paint! I also have a workbench storage container (huge - came from a very large GE plant)full of paint because I'm a paint-a-holic (also a fabric-a-holic) and I buy oops paints when I see good ones too thinking I'm going to paint 'something' with it someday... anyway - your bedroom looks awesome! You're talented!

Michelle
New England Style

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I like your new bedroom. That's another pretty paint color. I love the wainscoting (is that how you spell it?). The bedding is very pretty.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your bedroom both ways, both so serene and calming, that's just what I want to do with mine. Loved the pom pom flowers over at K's!

Rondell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails