Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Wreaths

Hello all my beautiful friends!
I hope that you all had a beautiful weekend! It was gorgeous here, as you can tell from my previous post.

Today was equally as gorgeous and the colors here are so vibrant!

If you are near Michigan I would recommend a fall color tour!

Before I show you the wreaths that I made this weekend, I want to tell you something very important.........

This may be a little gross, so sensitive tummies be aware.....


CAT VOMIT AND COMPUTER KEYBOARDS DO NOT MIX WELL TOGETHER!!!!!


I woke up this morning to find that my beloved cat Bosco, the one that always finds his way into my pictures, had gotten sick all over my laptop keyboard.

I tried very heard to save it, but no such luck!
It shorted out the keyboard!

I contacted a friend whose hubby masters in computers and she told me that maybe a USB keyboard would work for now.

Hubby brought one home from work, did a little adjusting and

this is what we have now!!!



Nice!!!!

I guess it works for now.



Ok,

on to the wreaths that I made this weekend!

I saw this great little wreath here at Crafts and Sutch.

I had to make my own!

I purchased some spanish moss, a foam wreath form and little spiders.


Here is how mine turned out!


Isn't is fun!!


I also put together this easy wreath with grapevine, floral picks (60% off at Michaels) and burlap.


I added one of my starfish to keep it beachy!


As fun as it was to make the wreaths and as much as I liked the way they turned out, it was the spanish moss that Bosco left for me on my keyboard........



Linking up to The Wreath Party at Domestically Speaking



18 comments:

D and G Stories said...

LOVE the 2nd wreath...I think I might need to make one of those for myself! :)

Melissa said...

Both the wreaths are lovely (if spiders count for lovely).

We had a dog who always ate sea sponges...

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I really like both wreaths, but that 2nd one wowed me.

Vanessa said...

Michelle, those are seriously gorgeous! I think the first one is so perfect for this time of year and so fun, and the second one is just so elegant in its simplicity! You are one talented chica! :-)
Vanessa

Beach House Living said...

So the lesson is Spanish Moss and cats do not mix?
The wreaths are darling.

Low Tide High Style said...

Oh gosh Michelle...I'm so sorry about poor Bosco and your laptop...but those wreaths are gorgeous!!

Kat :)

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Why can animals never vomit on tile or vinyl floors? They always have to find the only carpet or rug or really hard place to clean. Gross. Sorry about your laptop...that's a bummer.

Love the second wreath. If it weren't for the spiders...I just hate spiders. I mean even the pictures of plastic spiders send shivers up my spine and I have to scroll by them really fast. I know...I'm such a wimp :P

Simple Daisy said...

Look at you and your cute autumn wreaths!!
I love them both and sorry about your computer...you know I understand:):)

Hey...whera are those shops you were telling me about!?!?
I don't know if they'd be close enough to me but i'd love to check them out:)
Thanks and take care~

The Frosted Gardner said...

Those turned out lovely! You always amaze me! You can see something and know exactly how to replicate it! I love the spiders dangling from the first one.

Sorry to hear about the keyboard :(

Stacey said...

Hi Michelle, Just popped over from Kristens to see your scale and had to ses more : ) Lovin both your wreaths, the hanging spiders give it that extra touch. and I love that you used burlap on the second. I am now a follower, come by to visit anytime. cheers, Stacey

dedeetsyshop said...

Aww...poor Bosco! He must enjoy Spanish Moss! Great wreath ideas too! :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hi Michelle,

I also love the second wreath. I like the idea of the burlap as the wreath holder.

I hope your cat has repented of his computer-spoiling!! But somehow I doubt it. Are cats ever sorryfor what they do?....errrr....no!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

The wreaths are great! Love the one with the star fish :) Animals always aim for the worse spots when they need to vomit. Never fails. I can't even imagine the position he was in to get it on the keyboard!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah said...

Hello sweetie!
Oh my what are the chances of that happening!!
So sorry Michelle...but look at you..you found a way anyway!!

Your wreaths are amazing..good thing Im not afraid of spiders lol
The wreath in the window pane is adorable..so pretty :)
You've been busy..and with great results, my friend

Have a relaxing evening!

With much love,
Deborah xoxoxox

René said...

You have outdone yourself with these beautiful wreaths. I especially love the one hanging over the window.

Just as a side note, I'm pretty sure your cat doesn't approve of your time at the computer :)
Seriously, I hope your kitty is OK.

-Rene

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh, Michelle! LOL! I had to laugh at your Bosco story. I SOOOO understand! :) My little Toby eats aaaaaannnnyything that he finds on the floor....then promptly urps it up on our bed, the sofa, or the sisal rug. Ack!!! And don't even get me started on our old girl, Tessa.... Hope Bos is feeling better now. lol!

Love your wreaths, too! The 2nd one is right up my alley! :) (I'm a wimp, too. Don't like spiders....) Great job!!!

Hugs - xoxo laurie

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

I love your wreath, Michelle! And of course the starfish just adds that little (important) extra!! So sorry to hear about your computer..., usually people spill their beverage over the keyboard!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails